Malaysian Government Open Source Software Conference (MyGOSSCON)
The Malaysian Public Sector Master Plan is now in the 2nd phase of implementation. Significant progress have been achieved, for example a total of 540 agencies have implemented OSS. As part of the continuous promotion of the Public Sector OSS Programme, the 3rd annual MyGOSSCON will be held from 4 – 6 November 2009. MyGOSSCON will bring together government organisations, OSS community and the industry to share on how OSS is being used to transform the public service delivery and create unprecedented value proposition for the business organisation.
The conference theme for this year, “Leveraging OSS To Ride The Economic Wave” focus on information technology implementation in the current global economic scenario where governments and business organisations are continuously seeking innovative, practical and viable solutions. It is especially in times such as these where the value proposition and case for OSS can be demonstrated.
Are you having or considering an open source strategy? Join MyGOSSCON 2009!
Theme: “Leveraging OSS To Ride The Economic Wave”
The organiser is calling for papers from interested speakers from Malaysia and around the world in line with the range of topics that we have outlined.
Call for Paper is now closed!
- MyGOSSCON on The Star, Thu 29 Oct 09
- OpenOffice.org Competition
- 24-Hour OSS WebDev Contest – see our finalists here
- OSS Case Study Awards
- OSS Showcase Exhibition
- Best Exhibitor Award
- Lightning Talks
- The Lightning Talks is that segment of the MyGOSSCON 2009 Conference where any participant is encouraged to put forth ideas, thoughts or observations in the form of a short presentation or talk on any OSS-related subjects.This is the time for individuals to share with others particular areas of interest within the span of a few minutes. This opportunity is open to everyone and registration can be done at the conference.
- OSS Tracks. View list of submitted talks here.
- Birds of a Feather (BOF) – register to come here
|Delegates from government agencies||Free|
|Member of PIKOM / MSC companies / MCCM / ACCCIM / MAICCI||RM 250|
|Normal Fee||RM 350|
|First 50 Students||RM 50|
To register or for more information, please click here.